In the Scriptures, two words mean the same thing:
“Faith” and “Belief.”
We are told that “faith cometh through hearing and hearing by the word of God.” [Rom 10:17]
There is one Word of God, the Holy Scriptures which God has given to us. We are told Jesus is the “Word made Flesh”. We need to both read the Bible to see the message of God and know Jesus who is the Son of God and the “word made flesh.” [Jn 1:14] God [Hebrew, Yahweh] was first revealed to Moses at the burning bush but has now been shown to us by Jesus both in word and action.
There are two principle Truths in the Gospel Message:
First, God made the earth to inhabit it with immortal beings that can give glory to his name [Num 14 v 21, Hab 2 v 14]. It is His desire to give the earth to His faithful of all ages; which He will DO by resurrecting them from the dead and gathering those who are alive together.
Second, God will give life eternal to those who believe in His message and in the saving name of His Son, the Lord, Jesus the anointed. The following is a brief summary of the important teachings which God has given to us in His Scriptures.
Because of what Jesus made known to us, we have faith and confidence in God’s promises as made to Adam and Eve, to Noah, to Abraham, to Isaac, to Jacob (whose name God changed to Israel), and to David. All of these promises are wrapped up in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. This faith is summarized in the important Bible Truths below:
Summary of God’s Truth
We believe that…
- There is one all-powerful, all-knowing, all-seeing God who is the creator of the whole universe.
- Jesus Christ is the son of God.
- The Bible is God’s word – it is God’s way of speaking to us!
- The Holy Spirit is God’s power to create and save.
- God gave men & women free-will to choose whether or not to honor Him, but from the very beginning the bulk of humanity chose to ignore or break God’s ways (sin).
- Jesus lived in complete harmony with his Father and did not sin, but he gave up his life on the cross as a sacrifice so that believers in him could have their sins forgiven. We look symbolically at Jesus on the cross and see that Sin must die; but as Jesus, though born of a woman and therefore tempted in all points like we are, did not sin. God’s justice demanded that the grave could not hold Jesus.
- God raised Jesus from the dead. Now Jesus is with God in heaven, sitting at God’s right hand until it is time for his return.
- We can communicate by prayer to God, through Jesus Christ.
- God is working in the world today to fulfill His ultimate purpose. He will judge mankind through Jesus at the judgment seat and eventually fill the earth with His Glory in the Kingdom.
- Jesus Christ will return to the earth to bring judgment and establish God’s Kingdom.
- Through faith in the gospel, repentance, and baptism we have the hope of eternal life and a share in God’s Kingdom. God has made important and sure promises to those who develop that faith.
- The gospel is the Bible teaching about the Kingdom of God AND the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
More detail on these foundation beliefs is presented below.
Come for a visit!
In our lives and in our church activities we try to display the love of God and the hope of salvation to those around us. We enjoy being together and provide a wide range of activities and events for our members and the community. We would love to see you at any of our activities!
If you want to find out more about anything you see here, contact us or pop in and visit.